Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Microsoft's 'Self destructing e-mail'
From: "Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:33:19 -0500

I'm not going to take a pro or anti MS stance on this.  Like many
technological products that enter our RIM domain, we need to learn the
product - what it can do, what it can't do, what are the RIM implications,
etc. - and then apply our established policies to the product.  Train the
users, make adjustments to the procedures where necessary, and move on.
Take it in our stride.  Make it OURS to monitor and manage!  That's what
makes us grow and continue.  But I can't resist one comment - the irony of
an e-mail self-destruct software from the company that was legally impailed
by its own e-mail!

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager