Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Microsoft's 'Self destructing e-mail
From: "Caputo, Rick G SOPUS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:13:09 -0600

Steve Garner said "If the documents are so restrictive that their retention
period is unsatisfactorily short, it is tantamount to allowing me to view
the document once and calling it a record; then, it is not a record of
mine".

I see this as the main issue as well. I can't see my company continuing to
utilize email to conduct business with an outside company if that outside
company were controlling our ability to copy, forward, retain or delete the
email they send us.  Even if the outside company aligned with my companies
retention periods, it would not allow the record to be suspended if
responsive.

Rick Caputo
Supervisor Records Management
Shell Oil Products US