Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Micosoft Deep Thoughts (Not from John Handley) Some humor
From: Grahame Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:50:10 +0800

Oh Hugh, Hugh!!

<snip> I know of no country  that does not try to protect its own companies
with the exception of the U.S. <end>

Man alive - I have to refrain from what I really want to say for fear of
being abusive and offensive.

In giving your county away, I don't think you can touch us with a barge
pole.  Our governments of every persuasion have continually sold us out and
jumped blindly and willingly into "free trade" while we are locked out of
the US (wheat, steel, etc) and Japan and Europe and just about every market
to a much greater extent than we protect our markets.  You "Yanks" don't
know it, but many Australians call our country the 51st State - our TV and
music and literature inter alia is increasingly American!  (And yeah, I know
you Southerners aren't "yanks" - but we don't care over here.  Y'all get
called Yanks by us!)

I could say more about how our country has been and is being "sold out" but
it would sound like excessive carping.  I've said enough on that.

One major gripe I have against Bill is that he's a thief, it seems to me.
Many of the "great ideas" have been someone else's.  He can be thankful
there's so many na´ve, careless and trusting people out there.  However, I
stress, that it's only how it appears to me (and since I live in "The Last
Frontier" my information and assumptions and opinions may not be wholly
reliable).

Grahame Gould
Records Manager
Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley
Australia

www.thelastfrontier.com.au

This email may contain confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact me.

The views expressed in this email may or may not be the official position of
SWEK.

Airnorth flies to Kununurra - contact QANTAS or your travel agent for
details
and from March 2004, QANTAS will fly direct to Kununurra from Perth