Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Law firm engagement letters/ Records Retention
From: "Gile, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:38:20 -0500

Thank you

James J. Gile
DC Facilities Manager
Senior National Project Manager
701 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W., Suite 800
Washington, DC 20004
Direct:            202-508-4284
Direct Fax:     202-654-1835
Cell:               202-528-0575

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kurilecz [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 9:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

In a message dated 10/29/2003 8:18:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I also would be interested in the response to the question below.  I
> am currently working on a records, retention and destruction program
> for my firm -

let me suggest that folks cruise on over to the ARMA bookstore and check
out this book

Records Management in the Legal Environment: A Handbook of Practice and
Procedure
Author: Jean Barr, CRM; Beth Chiaiese, CRM; and Lee R. Nemchek, CRM
ARMA Member Price:   $89.00
Nonmember Price:   $129.00

The book's appendices include extensive exemplars, with annotated lists
and forms packages; bibliography with full citations and further
readings on all facets of legal records management; and an indexed table
of authorities, including cases, statutes, regulations, restatements,
model codes, and ethics opinions of various issuing bodies.

Hard cover, English, 640 pages, 2003

I saw it at the conference and it appears to be one that all Legal RMs
should have on their shelf.

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va