Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Microsoft Deep Thoughts (Not from John Handley) Some humor
From: "Mallory, Alicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:39:12 -0600

Hugh said:

  So if Gates is predatory, at least he employs 10,000 Americans doing
it. I get email all the time "Let us write your software here in
India." Who thinks your software is yours and yours alone when you do
that???  (I send all their email addresses to the guys in Nigeria who
are always trying to place $50 million in my account. I hope they will
make each other very happy. )
______

I know it's a little off-topic, but I couldn't let this get by.  Actually,
Microsoft is outsourcing more and more.

Microsoft's India outsourcing raises protests
By Staff, CNETAsia
Thursday, July 3 2003 4:16 PM
http://asia.cnet.com/newstech/systems/0,39001153,39139020,00.htm

"Microsoft has started to shift some of its operations from the U.S. to
India, a move which could leave hundreds of American workers jobless."

Bill Moyers' NOW on PBS covered tech outsourcing, as well.
http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/transcript232_full.html

"It's not just customer service jobs. More and more of America's corporate
giants are also farming out technology jobs overseas. Last year, Bill Gates
announced Microsoft would be investing $400 million in Indian operations."

Alicia