Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: About e-mail messages with restricted permission
From: Martin Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:05:46 -1000

Thank You Chris, I was searching for more info on this but you beat me to
it.

From the earlier discussions, I think the key sentence we were all looking
for is: "E-mail administrators can create permission policies to include
on the submenu of Permission on the File menu." Most software designed for
business use will come with methods for System Administrators to set
policies, functionalities and Permissions for their users. So the
decisions the "User" will make can be severely limited by the
Administrator. I also see this as an opportunity to help enforce good RM
procedures - get an original document saved and kept according to proper
retention schedules and eliminate copies that may be floating around, all
rules predefined by those who have the qualifications to make such
decisions (the Records Manager - with the Systems Administrator setting
the rules as defined). The software is probably going to be very basic at
this early phase but that's when groups such as this one can work to get
their opinions heard.

Martin Cole
Manager - Hawaii
Crown Records Management