Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: state college/university archives & records management survey
From: Elizabeth West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:49:33 -0500

I'm posting this to both the archives & rm lists.

I'm gathering information for a report that will compare our archives &
rm program to similar state colleges & universities.
If you would like to reply to me offlist I will be glad to post the
results.

Thank you,
Elizabeth West

The University of South Carolina is the flagship university of South
Carolina.  Enrollment for the main campus is over 25,000.  Enrollment
for all campuses is almost 40,000.  We have a combined archives and rm
program located in the South Caroliniana Library (special collections).

Questions:
Are your archives and records management programs combined or
separate?

Where are they located in the institution's organizational structure
(library, business affairs)?

How many staff members?

What is the volume of the archival collections?

Are the archival collections onsite or in remote storage?

Do you have a records storage center?        If so, is it on or off
campus?    What is the capacity?

What is the volume of material in storage?

What records services do you provide?        Do you charge fees?
temporary storage
retrieval
delivery
destruction