Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Smart document technologies - next killer app?
From: Frank White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:26:55 -0500

Are there any informed opinions out there on the potential impact of
"smart document" technologies (of the kind that Microsoft and Adobe are
collaborating on) on the records management profession and on the future
development of RIM software?

Are smart documents the next killer apps? Will they have a de-skillinig
impact on the profession?

Wish I could kick off the discussion with a short definition or
description of "smart document" but I'm a novice here myself.

Perhaps someone could lead off with a brief non-technical explanation.

Just curious.

Thanks.

Frank White
eLibrary/RIM Supervisor