Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Electronic Records Question
From: "Breeden, John B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:14:52 -0500

I concur with Bill Roach that not all electronic records are created
equally.

Tiff and PDF documents are much more likely to be able to be migrated (and
less expensively) than proprietary electronic records.  And while I am
excited about the potential aid to Archives that the new PDF-A standard that
AIIM is involved in developing as an international document offers, risks
and costs (that Archives frequently can't absorb) are still associated with
any non-human readable record.

John B. Breeden, CRM
Agency Records Manager
Virginia Department of Transportation