Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: A Rose By Any Other Name....
From: Terry Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:36:51 -0500

After two years of marketing my function as "records management", people around
here won't let go of the name "document retention".

It doesn't matter what you change it to; people will still call it whatever they
are used to.  My "uphill climb" feels like I'm on an iceberg.

Terry Doyle
 Sr. Records Management Analyst
 PJM Interconnection
 (610) 666-4519

"Control your records, before your records control you."

<Do you know how long I've been battling with my people to stop calling it the
File Room (also The Vortex, Black Hole and That Damned Hole)? Ugh. Most people
call it the Records Dept. now, but I still get File Room once in a while
(Records Room is a popular mangling).

To quote the end theme of Gilligan's Island "It's an uphill climb".>