Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: E-Waste
From: Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:47:06 -0700

And yes, lead is a natural element, but that doesn't mean it doesn't cause
problems in its natural environment.  Here in the midwest we have multiple
areas which have extensive contamination - air, water and soil - from lead
mining.

Sounds to me like we have identified the source of the lead. So lets charge
all those states with extensive lead mining operations for the lead
contamination around the country. That is except for any landfill
contamination in North Dakota.

If you can't prove that you had no part in the lead contamination (like
where the heck DID we send those 50 computers we got rid of 5 years ago)
then you will eventually end up owing money to the!

Laura, Don't say such things. Larry already keeps all of his personnel
records for 75 years from term based on what if. Now he is gonna make them
keep everything permanently. Holy smokes! I got an idea. Lets send all our
monitors to ND pile them in a land fill with all of Larry's personnel files
and everyone else's disposal records and rename ND (they already want a
different named after this they will need one). We can call it midwest since
we have determined that the lead came from the midwest we can claim we have
returned it to midwest thus completing the lifecycle of lead. Besides
everyone knows the ground water in ND just seeps into the missile silos
anyway. What worries if our silo folks suffer from extensive exposure to
lead. Oh that's right landfills in ND don't leak.

Chris Flynn