Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Transit agencies examples
From: "Waxon, Gayle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:38:45 -0700

Hello Everyone!
Now that we have been running for a couple of years and we have actually
completed some construction projects, we are finding that the Records
Retention schedule needs to be more defined, along with a standard filing
structure.

We are looking for examples of a couple of things.
- Records Retention schedule within a transit agency.
- Document control hierarchy or layout - especially the filing structure or
set up for construction projects - very BIG issue.
- developing a standardized filing system - examples -Need basics
- Or if you have any resources that helped you along the way that you could
lead us to, would be great.

Questions:
1.  Are you using the LiveLink and the Records Mgmt module from OpenText?
2.  If so, are you pleased with the whole system.  What are the pros/cons.

Ok, that is where we are starting.  Yes, I know this is a lot, but we are
very ready for the organizational change!!

Examples would be GREAT! Thank you so much for your time!  :)

Gayle Waxon
Records Management Coordinator
Sound Transit
401 S. Jackson St.