Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Question: Are there any standards for DVD/Is DVD a viable archiv e medium?
From: Tammy Russo-Leschber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:45:11 -0500

Listserve:

As a follow up to a question that was posted last September, Are there any
written standards for using DVD as a long term storage medium?  What is the
life span of a DVD?  Is CD preferred over DVD as a long-term storage medium?

Question posed on 9/2002:

The question has been raised to our RIM Department of the possibility of
storing data/records on DVD's for long term archival.  We have not used
DVD's in the past.  My question is...is this a proper storage medium?  Has
anyone started using DVD's for archival?  Are there any anticipated issues
of using DVD vs. CD?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tammy Russo-Leschber
Dell|Records & Information Management
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]