Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Spam
From: Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:22:52 -0500

In a message dated 12/11/2003 1:52:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

> I've had a personal e-mail address
> since '99 and the free market just keeps sending me more
> and more spam.

I've had one personal email account since 1995. my ISP has implemented spam filters during the past year that have dramatically cut down on the amount of spam i receive. What they don't catch I can identify and report spam to them. Within the last two weeks I have identified 90 pieces of spam or about 6.5 pieces per day. not exactly overwhelming.

I guarantee that the guvmint's can spam legislation will have more holes in it the Swiss cheese at the local deli.

I don't receive spam for Fortune 1000 companies unless I have opted to receive their mailings.

the easiest way to avoid spam is don't provide your real email address on websites and if you do be sure to uncheck the boxes saying you want to receive email adverts before completing the form.

now over to you SteveW!

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va