------ Forwarded Message
From: "Dana, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:44:00 -0500
To: COE-L-EVERYONE <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Director of Instructional and Information Technology
We are seeking applicants for the position of Director of Instructional and Information Technology. Please help us find suitable candidates by sharing this position vacancy announcement with potential applicants. We also are accepting nominations. Nominations can be directed to Tom Dana at [log in to unmask]
Director of Instructional and Information Technology
To help achieve its goal of becoming one of the top-ranked colleges of education in the country, The University of Florida College of Education is soliciting applications and nominations for the position of Director of Instructional and Information Technology (IIT). The Director is a member of the leadership team of the College and reports directly to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The Director is responsible for providing the vision and leadership for developing and implementing IIT initiatives that support the College $B!G (Js research, teaching, and outreach missions. Primary activities include:
* Provide technology leadership for the College of Education. Work with the administrative management team, faculty, and staff to develop a vision for the effective use of technology in all facets of the College $B!G (Js work. Prepare and implement an IIT plan that addresses technology needs for instruction, research, and service, network services, web design, flexible delivery of instruction, and end-user support.
* Manage the College of Education Office of Instructional and Information Technology (OIIT). Align OIIT with the strategic directions of the University and College, including goals for computing, instructional design, networking, and off-campus and distance learning programs. Oversee IIT budgeting and processes to implement the IIT plan, including sourcing, purchasing/construction decisions, testing, implementation, maintenance and evaluation. Assure continued development and innovation of College ITT capabilities (including hiring, evaluation, coaching, development and maintenance of technology staff) to meet the current and future needs of students, faculty, and staff.
* Facilitate appropriate IIT training and support for faculty and staff.
* Serve on College and University committees to further the interests of IIT and act as the primary liaison between the College and University on matters relating to IIT.
* Advise on the use of appropriate IT in higher education instructional delivery. Monitor trends in technology and provide advice on its appropriate application to the instructional mission of the College.
Qualifications for the position include: (1) demonstrated strategic planning skills for formulating appropriate technology strategies and infrastructure for an academic setting; (2) demonstrated skill at identifying, evaluating, and implementing new technological approaches for solving issues in a cost-effective manner; (3) demonstrated leadership, management, and teamwork skills with emphasis on facilitation and analysis, preferably in an academic environment; (4) strong analytical skills with ability to communicate effectively with non-technical clients; (5) strong experience in the use of technology in instructional and educational settings; (6) a minimum of a master $B!G (Js degree in a relevant field plus six years experience in IIT or related area, preferably in higher education. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applications must be submitted through the UF Employment website. To view application instructions and complete an online application/resume, visit http://www.hr.ufl.edu/job. Reference number for this vacancy is 32244 and the deadline date to apply is 4/8/05. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, call (352) 392-4621 or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD). A full position description can be found at http://www.coe.ufl.edu/College/Jobs/. <http://www.coe.ufl.edu/College/Jobs/>
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Institution. The selection process will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of Florida $B!G (Js $B!H (JGovernance in the Sunshine $B!I (J and Public Records laws. Search Committee meetings and interviews will be open to the public, and all applications, resumes, and other documents related to the search will be available for public inspection.
WHO WE ARE
The University of Florida College of Education (http://www.coe.ufl.edu), founded in 1906, is a leader among the nation $B!G (Js elite AAU institutions, ranking 14th among public universities. Over the past century, Florida $B!G (Js first teaching college has produced a steady succession of great educators and scholars who have brought prominence to the university and innovations to schools and universities across the state and nation. College faculty researchers have contributed to pioneering education initiatives such as: $B!| (J the community college system $B!| (J the middle-school movement $B!| (J school desegregation $B!| (J Florida $B!G (Js first laboratory school $B!| (J and school counseling programs. The college today enrolls some 1,700 students in more than 40 bachelor $B!G (Js and advanced degree programs. To sustain the College of Education $B!G (Js innovative edge deep into the 21st century, faculty researchers are exploring ways to adapt cutting-edge techn!
ologies and media to students $B!G (J learning needs in the classroom, and are addressing the needs of Florida $B!G (Js high-poverty schools through novel UF-community school partnerships. The College of Education currently ranks 24th in the U.S. News and World Report rankings of the nation $B!G (Js top graduate education schools. It is the highest ranked college at the University of Florida and in the state. All five of the college $B!G (Js academic departments also are nationally ranked, including two in the top 10.
------ End of Forwarded Message
------ End of Forwarded Message
Dr. Thomas M. Dana
Professor and Director, School of Teaching and Learning
University of Florida
2403 Norman Hall
PO Box 117048
Gainesville, FL 32611-7048
[log in to unmask]