Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Certificates of Authenticity
From: Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 8 Mar 2005 16:33:08 +1100

Here in Oz it's long established that for microfilm the camera operator
has to put a signed witnessed statutory declaration as an image at each
end of the roll. For fiche, I believe the stat dec has to go alongside
each image (sounds unworkable, maybe someone out there in listland can
correct me - now's your chance!).

I've not had occasion to have to certify scanned images, though I have
about 2 million of them in Trim (they are customer contracts so I'm afraid
we have to keep the originals in boxes stored out the back of Bourke
(somewhere equivalent to Texas for any non-Aussies). But a
legally-approved form of words like 'I certify that the image blah blah
blah is an exact copy of the original scanned by me on such and such a
date', backed up by well documented procedures and storage whereby you can
guarantee accuracy and integrity to evidenciary standards?

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked
and they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Bloggs and Co and
Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.