Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: beginning an RM program
From: Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:00:21 -0700

That salary figure is very low; even for those areas that have moderate
cost of living factors.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/21/05 04:39AM >>>
Good morning,

I have been asked to design a budget for starting a RM program at the
Medical College of Georgia.  I remember the Archive Listserv posting
the average salary for RM as $50,000 about 2 years ago.  It this
figure
still
current?
I read Richard Cook's book, The Management of Information from
Archives, and William Maher's book, The Management of College and
University Archives, but I am unsure of what supplies are needed for
RM programs.  Are they the same for archives?  What is the typical
year
expenditures for RM departments on supplies?
The date for starting the RM program is unknown, yet I want to provide
as much details for the Medical College of Georgia's senior
administration on
the functions and vitalness of the program.

Thank you for your assistance,
Lisa

Lisa Westrick
Historical Collections Archivist