Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Destruction of Microfilm
From: Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:31:33 -0500

I'm destroying microfilm for the first time and I hear from our shredding
vendor that shredding microfolm leaves particles as large a 3/8 inch square.
This seems too large to be secure.

How do you all dispose of microfilm and how have you weighed the risks?  The
vendors provide insurance, but if you lose someone's personal information,
that insurance is not much comfort to the victim and does not keep your
company from getting bad publicity.