Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Storage of tapes and other media - A Bit OT
From: Gerard Nicol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 5 Dec 2006 23:09:14 -0500

Ginny,

As I understand it, it is possible for a vault to be compliant with all of
the standards you quote, but sill be in a building that could burn for a
week.

For instance Iron Mountain could have had a compliant vault in the middle
of their record center that burned in the UK.

Or am I mistaken?

The problem as I see it is that the quoted standards do not related to
access to records, just the protection of records.

This is where the RM and Business Continuity concerns diverge.

Gerard