To all of those using a shared network directory to store working
documents, rough drafts, etc...
Assuming that all final records (whichever constitutes one of those) are
captured into a fancy EDMS, ECMS, World's Largest Filing Cabinet, etc...
how are you answering these questions:
1. How do you organize your shared directory?
2 Who maintains it/monitors it?
3. What are the rules for deletion/retention? Once a document has been
deemed a record who puts it into the
records series and stores it in the EDMS? Who ensures the
draft/rough copies have been deleted?
4. What are the in house rules for putting documents on the shared
5. Is your shared directory a success? Can you find exactly what you're
looking for? Can others?
6. Do you (Records Manager types) know what's being placed out there?
7. Have you eliminated previous versions, etc?
8. Are you active (monitoring, reporting, etc..) or passive (education,
waiting for an issue to develop) with your
I would appreciate answers to any of these questions and maybe a few
qualified success stories about shared directories of "working
Records Manager, HPOPS
ph. (713) 869-8734
fax. (713) 869-7657
List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html
Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance
To unsubscribe from this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]