Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Fw: Re: [FLBIRDS] FLORIDABIRDS-L - Yellow-rumped Warbler question
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Feb 2008 01:36:24 GMT

I have definitely notice a decrease of YRWA at the park I work at in SE Orange County. I have seen just a few small groups and we have acres of wax myrtles. We seem to have the same number of palm warblers that I usually see although I don't do a formal yearly count. One bird that has seemed to have disappeared since the hurricanes of '04 is the boat-tail grackle. We have plenty of cattail marsh for nesting and being a picnic park lots of human junk food. I rarely see them anymore. Has anyone else notice a decrease?
Cynthia Meketa
St. Cloud