Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Mobile Shelving for Boxed Records
From: Vana Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:16:34 -0700

First, a (re) introduction, I'm the records manager for a public
agency responsible for wastewater collection & treatment, water
recycling and stormwater for 2 cities and an air force base in
northern California.

I've searched for mobile shelving that will accommodate boxed records
and have had limited success finding options which seem to be located
in the US.  My less-accessed records are currently boxed up in a room
with stationary steel shelving.  I'll be needing to move most of them
to a much smaller room shortly.  My thought was mobile shelving as
the space solution.

Contact info/web sites for mobile shelving which would accommodate
boxes would be appreciated--I found plenty to accommodate unboxed
records.  I am also interested in other ideas beyond the mobile
shelving idea.

I'm moving boxed records to a space slightly less that 9 x 16 feet,
from one that was about 19x19 feet so this job is not exactly
industrial-sized.  There are a whole host of other challenges with
this move, but the space is currently my top and most pressing
challenge.

Your input is appreciated.

Thank you sincerely,
Vana