OFFICE OF THE MISSOURI SECRETARY OF STATE
To our applicants with disabilities: If you need assistance with this
or any phase of the employment process, please contact our Personnel
Officer at (573) 526-7319. Reasonable attempts will be made to
accommodate your needs.
POSITION TITLE: Records Analyst
STARTING SALARY: $2,688-$2,785/month
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Records Management
Kirkpatrick State Information Center
600 W. Main
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Records Analyst, the Records
Analyst acts as a consultant to state agencies. The Records Analyst
assists in the development of records management policies, processes,
and systems, develops solutions to records management problems, and
advises state agencies on records management policies and procedures.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND/OR GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participates in the development and implementation of records
management policies and procedures.
* Evaluates the administrative, legal, historical, and fiscal value of
records generated by state agencies.
* Consults with state agencies on records management policies and
procedures, and acts as an information source for state agencies
concerning records management issues and the records management system.
* Conducts records management training classes for state agencies.
* Assists state agencies with the development of records disposition
schedules and presents recommendations to the State Records Commission.
* As primary contact for assigned agencies, makes recommendations
concerning organization, retention, destruction, and microfilming of
* Promotes the activities of the Records Services Division through
participation in professional organizations.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of the concepts, methods, and techniques of records
* Knowledge of the principles and practices involved with the collection
and disposition of public records.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
associates, state agencies, and the public.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
* Ability to effectively present information orally and in writing and
to respond to questions from associates, state agencies, and the public.
* Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet,
database, presentation and communications software.
A bachelor's degree in history, business or public administration,
information systems, library science, or other related field.
Demonstrated knowledge of standard records management practices.
Experience in a public records environment highly desirable.
Certified Records Manager designation or the commitment to obtain such.
Able to lift heavy boxes weighing on average 30-40 pounds.
The ability to travel statewide.
Posting Period: Position posted September 29, 2008. The minimum posting
period will end October 17, 2008. After the minimum posting period, the
position may be closed to new applicants and filled at any time.
Application Procedures: Application materials (cover letter, resume,
completed application) may be mailed to: Attention: Records Analyst,
Human Resources, Office of the Secretary of State, P.O. Box 1767,
Jefferson City, MO 65102. EOE.
For more information and to download the application form go to:
Craig Kelso, CRM, CA
Director of Records Management
Office of the Secretary of State
Records Management Division
600 W. Main
Jefferson City, MO 65101
List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html
Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance
To unsubscribe from this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]