Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Use of SharePoint with ECM Software
From: "Siek, Maryanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:14:55 -0700

My company has decided to use SharePoint as our front-end document management and collaboration tool, along with HP-TRIM for records management at the back-end for those documents deemed to be records.  We're already using both products, and it's a matter of developing our processes around their use to enable more standardized and comprehensive lifecycle management.  I understand that this type of integration between SharePoint and an ECM product (Documentum, FileNet, etc.) is supposed to be a major trend, and many organizations appear to want to move in this direction.  However, I haven't yet run across anyone who has actually implemented this type of solution.

Is there anyone out there in listserv land who has done this and would be willing to share some best practices and lessons learned?

Thank you very much in advance,

Maryanne

Maryanne B. Siek
Corporate Records Manager