Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: RAINdrop: DoD orders ban on digital storage devices
From: Gordon Hoke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:34:03 -0600

Thumb drives and other miniature storage devices continue to be a
security risk as well as a viral risk.

A recent "geek" catalog I received offered a thumb drive hidden in the
butt end of a ball point pen.  Another folded into a Swiss army knife.
Security breaches are hard to prevent.

But this is not new.  I remember several years ago when Linda Kempster,
the Media Maven, had earrings made of micro cassettes.  She wore them
for jewelry, but I wondered how many security guards, border agents, and
other gendarmes would consider them suspicious.

Gordy Hoke
Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM
http://gejhoke.googlepages.com
T: 1.507.534.2293