Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: When a company goes out of business
From: John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:51:27 -0500

For those of you that might be interested. You can get a pretty relevant
research paper on this subject as a free download:

RIM Checklist for Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, and Closures-A Study
by John T. Phillips, CRM, FAI. Project underwritten by the Twin Cities
Chapter of ARMA International.

The report download menu is at:
http://www.armaedfoundation.org/reports.php

As a brief reflection on the parts of this thread that I have read, I can
say that the report's findings will show there is little in the way of
"standards" regarding dealing with these issues. Companies vary greatly in
what they do, and the Records Manager is often both caught in the middle of
the chaos and responsible for resolving it.

John

John T. Phillips

BS, MSLS, CRM, CDIA, FAI

Information Technology Decisions