Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Re: Functional Requirements for Business Systems

Gordy Hoke <[log in to unmask]>

Gordy Hoke <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:51:18 -0600

text/plain

Ben, since you are specifically talking "business systems", think like a businessman and follow the money. Ask some questions:
  -- Where are the budgetary pain points?
  -- How can the Records Center be a cost center?
  -- Where are the business-process bottlenecks that ERM can free?
  -- What's the five-year average payout for compliance fines?
  -- What's the five-year average payout for litigation settled for lack of exonerating records?
  -- Where are the profit leaks that better recordkeeping could plug?
The list goes on, but I'm sure you can see the POV. And hopefully, other ListServers will add to the list of questions.

Good luck,
Gordy
Gordon E.J. Hoke, CRM
http://PositivelyRIM.blogspot.com