Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Re: Internal Solutions to Document Management

Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:19:52 -0800

text/plain

I'm with Julie and Bernard....why develop an in-house solution when there are dozens of out of the box affordable products? We're dealing with many applications here that have been built in-house. In most cases the original developers have moved on and we spend more time trying to figure out what they did just to make a simple upgrade or enhancement.

My analogy would be if I wanted a new car I wouldn't go down to the shop and ask them to make me one (well maybe if I was really rich and could afford a Ruf 911). Most likely I would develop my requirements, do my research, and go shopping.

Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction. I wonder what the real driver is?

Rock on!

Sharon

Sharon Burnett, CRM
Seattle Washington USA

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and see why. If it is broke, take it apart
and see why."