Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Re: RAINdrop The Death of the Filing Cabinet - December 2009 Issue

robin tew <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:59:14 -0800

text/plain

And I notice that the article seemed to equate a librarian with a glorified file clerk.

"a firm’s information technology staff needs to ensure electronic files are adequately backed up—that is, they won’t disappear forever should the server crash. And the IT staff themselves frequently take the place of the librarians of yore."

Robin Tew
Supervisor, Records Management
Pinellas County Schools

. . .enjoying blue skies and temps in the mid-60s in sunny Florida!