Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Re: Internal Solutions to Document Management

Barrett Walker <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:51:02 -0500

text/plain

It appears that this internal solution is not going to go anywhere. This is,
correction...will be (when it is built), essentially a front end built from
Teamcenter (A PLM software) to facilitate Document Management for the
compliance department.

At the risk of generating a globally audible gasp from the entire list serve,
retention is not really a big concern with this department - I know, I know -
 "but...but...it's the COMPLIANCE department". The director of the
department is busy building her department and retention and RM compliance
has not yet made the short list.

It would appear that the best way to inject myself into this process is to
develop a list of requirements for a document management system and why
these requirements exist for a newly emerging department who hasn't
experienced a ton of pain when it comes to failed records management policies.

I need your help in developing a list of system requirements as well as citable
horror stories resulting from not ensuring those components are incorporated
into the document management system.

With your help, I will present to my supervisor the list and the scare tactics
and ultimately demonstrate a need for my inclusion in this vital develomental
process.

I am in great awe and gratitude of the weath of knowledge that exists here on
the list serve.

Have a great day!