Re: Scanning drawings - best practices

Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Feb 2010 08:40:29 +1100

text/plain

Janet

A good place to start is NSW State Records Disposal Authority GA36 (
http://tinyurl.com/yazyyrj) which sets out protocols saying, amongst others,
yes, you can destroy originals once you've done your QA, and once you've got
procedures which help guarantee the integrity of the image, and provided
that the scanned document is not in the very small group of documents
required by State Archives for persistent retention (see other thread on
'permanent').
I know NSW is geographically and legally a long way from you lot down there
in the northern hemisphere but the thinking is what's important.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders
Australia
0407 187 333
These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and
they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Harry Peck and Co and Glenn".
Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.