Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Office Closing Best Practices
From: Todd Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 24 Mar 2011 09:12:12 -0500

I'm attempting to create a breaking point, based on how often a record is
retrieved, to determine whether the record should stay locally or be sent to
long-term storage. I know active should stay and in-active should go, but
that line is very blurry at times. Is there a general rule anyone uses (ie.
Files that are accessed, on average, fewer than 4 times a year are boxed and
sent to long-term storage)? Any insight is appreciated.

Todd Johnson, CRM
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
(270) 852-4512