Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Office Closing Best Practices
From: Alice Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:17:14 -0400

Good morning, Todd!

In our situation at the airport, we also consider how full our filing
cabinets and offices become with records.  Generally, we keep two years
+ current year onsite and the older records are boxed up and sent to
storage until the minimum retention has been met.

On another note, several years ago, we moved from one offsite storage
vendor to another and requested, and received, a complete list of stored
boxes from the former provider.  Our inactive records move wasn't bad at
all!  Yeah!

Alice

Alice B. Young, CRM
Records Management Administrator
Greater Orlando Aviation Authority
407-825-2060 voice
407-825-2526 fax
"Giving up is the ultimate tragedy." Robert J. Donovan