Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

From: Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:18:38 -0400

Tim and others

It is very easy to manage your subscription to the listserv. When one
subscribes you receive a "Welcome to the Listserv" message that contains
invaluable information on how to manage your subscription and listserv
etiquette. BUT most folks just ignore that message

so here are the things you need to know

One can easily manage their subscription by 3 methods

Method 1 - go to the listserv archives website located here
http://lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=RECMGMT-L there you just click on the
subscription to NOMAIL status or change it to DIGEST or even change your
email address

Method 2 - Send a message with a blank/empty subject line to
[log in to unmask] in the body of the message put one of the following
commands (replace the asterisk with the appropriate vowel when using the
command)

S*T RECMGMT-L NOMAIL  This turns your subscription off temporarily

S*T RECMGMT-L DIGEST This puts you on the digest

S*T RECMGMT-L MAIL this sets your subscription so that you receive
individual messages again

UNS*B RECMGMT-L  this unsubscribes you from the list

with both methods you will receive an email from the listserv asking you to
confirm the request. Just click on the link and you will receive a message
saying your request has been successful

Method 3 - send an email to [log in to unmask] explaining what
you need done and one of the 3 listadmins will take care of your problem. if
you get an error message forward that message to the address so we can
figure out what is the problem

And if you are setting your account to nomail status make sure you do it
early in the day so that it will take effect and do it before setting your
out of office message

Finally that link and the listserv link appear as a footer to every message
you receive from the list

and if you forget to save this message just go to the listserv archives (see
above for the link or below) and do a subject line search for messages that
begin with ADMIN this will return all previous admin messages that have been
sent over the years

that should do it

very chilly downtown Ottawa, I am but your humble servant

Peterk
listadmin
recmgmt-l

--