Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Mentorship/Work Experience
From: Lindsay Szymanski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:53:33 -0700

Hello, my name is Lindsay, and I will be graduating from UBC with my MAS in just a couple of weeks. I am moving to a small city (Courtenay BC, about 40,000 people) and would like some advice on how to approach the City Records Manager about doing some work experience/unpaid internship.

My work experience so far has focussed on archives (university, museum and art gallery), so I am coming into RM with only the theorhetical skills learned in class. I would like to learn more about RM, and the job market definitely seems to be more active in that realm.

Thanks!