Help for GRADSTUDENT-L Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Archives

Subject: February 2: Free UF Teaching Assistant Workshops Start
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:13:26 +0000

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:  January 30, 2012

To:    All UF Graduate Students

Cc:    All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

From:  UF Teaching Center

RE:    February 2: Free UF Teaching Assistant Workshops Start

The UF Teaching Center's (TC) free Teaching Assistant (TA) Development workshop series (see us online under "TA Development" on the TC website: http://www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu) begins on February 2, 2012.

Our Spring 2012 workshops will focus on using technology in your teaching, and will feature several new sessions, including an introduction to Prezi presentation software, and several online modules to help you assist with online classes.

Our spring workshop lineup is as follows:

2/2           Sakai I

2/9           Sakai II

2/16          Prezi - software to improve your powerpoint-style presentations

2/23          Alternative presentation methods

3/1           Choosing Appropriate Technologies for the Classroom

3/15          Optimizing Video, Audio & Graphics

3/19 - 3/23   Assisting with an Online Course I (delivered through online modules this week)

3/26 - 3/30   Assisting with an Online Course II (delivered through online modules this week)

All sessions take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the dates listed, except for the online sessions.

For more information and to register, go to http://www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu and click on "TA Development."

You may register for as many workshops as you like, and students who attend the required number of workshops will get a certificate indicating their completion of the series.

If you have any questions, please e-mail them to Martin Simpson at [log in to unmask]