FW: UF Bike/Ped Info Expo & Safety Forum - Reitz Union

Brian Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 Mar 2007 06:38:59 -0400

text/plain

From: Environment, Science & Policy Society [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Nesbit,Tyler S
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: UF Bike/Ped Info Expo & Safety Forum - Reitz Union

***Free information, giveaways, and demonstrations on Bike/Ped & other
forms of Alternative Transportation.***

UF Bike/Ped/Alternative Transportation Expo

DATE: Wednesday, March 21, 2007

TIME: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM UF Bike/Ped Info Expo

PLACE: Reitz Union Colonnade & North Lawn

UF Bike/Ped Safety Forum -- noon to 1:00 -- Reitz Union, Rooms 361 & 362

A roundtable discussion of bikes, pedestrians, and motorists.

Bicycles, automobiles, skateboards, joggers -- how can we all share the
road respectfully and safely?

Come learn and discuss how we can travel in our community, no matter
what form of transportation we use.

Let's learn to Share the Road together!

Also... UF Commuter Challenge

A bike versus car errand race around the UF campus.

This race will be held prior to the Reitz Union Bike/Ped Safety Info
Expo in order to contrast bike and automobile travel in congested areas
with limited parking options. The race will consist of two high-profile
Gators collecting items on a list at locations across the campus. The
participants will have to operate and park their vehicles within the
guidelines of the law. Keep an ear out for the results of the Bike vs.
Car UF Commuter Challenge. The winner will be announced at the Bike/Ped
Safety Info Expo.

The Spring 2007 UF Bike/Ped Info Expo & Safety Forum is brought to you
by the University of Florida Office of Off Campus Life, University of
Florida Office of Sustainability, University of Florida Office of
Transportation and Parking Services, and the City of Gainesville
Bicycle/Pedestrian Program.

For more information on this event, please contact the City of
Gainesville Bicycle/Pedestrian Program Coordinator, Dekova Batey (352)

Dedee DeLongpre
Director, Office of Sustainability
University of Florida
(352) 392-7578