Flamingo, ENP 10/14

Bryant Roberts <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:32:14 -0700

text/plain

I got back out to Eco Pond this morning and found my first Clay-
colored Sparrow for this Fall, it was an adult at the north end of the
pond in the Salt Bushes (Baccharis sp.) near the park bench.  Two
more new Fall birds for me were an American Coot on the pond
and three Common Snipe that flushed out of a wet patch in the
cleared area west of the pond.  There were also two Pectoral
Sandpipers, a Willet, and four Lesser Yellowlegs in the mudholes
in the cleared area east of the trailer loop.  A Merlin was hunting
over the camping areas along with several American Kestrel.  The
Brazilian Pepper removal is nearly finished north of B and C Loops
and some work has begun in the grove of trees between A and B
Loops.
Bryant Roberts,
Flamingo FL