]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LINUX-L Home

LINUX-L  2020

LINUX-L 2020

Docker container to private IP over UF VPN woes

Dan Stoner <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 9 May 2020 09:32:13 -0400

text/plain

Is anyone successfully connecting from inside a docker container to a
UF private IP address using a UF departmental VPN? (using
"[log in to unmask]" as username)

Is there a secret to getting openconnect to connect me to a departmental vpn ?

I have tried Cisco AnyConnect as well as network-manager-openconnect
gnome plugin.

With AnyConnect, the host computer (my laptop) works as expected and I
can connect to all of the internal UF resources. Inside a docker
container, I lose all IP connectivity as soon as the UF VPN connection
becomes active.

With Openconnect (once I figured out I needed to check the "make
connection available to other users box"), things work inside docker
just as well as they work on the host computer.  Unfortunately, with
Openconnect the host computer also cannot access any internal UF
resources, as if openconnect is having trouble getting me onto the
departmental vpn at all.

A few hours research hasn't led me to any solutions that work.

Success and failure stories welcome.

Dan Stoner