Skip repetitive navigational links

Open Entry Open Exit Courses

Pauletta Augustine <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:29:27 -0700

text/plain

I need information about courses that are offered with open entry/open exit options. They might be offered in lab settings, via distance, or just in an individualized format. Specifically, I need to know about courses that are not limited to semester timelines but allow enrollment at any time during the academic year. For instance, a student might enroll in November and finish in February or enroll in March and finish in June.....or whenever the established outcomes have been met.

We are having no problem with the delivery of the academic part of an open ended design but have run into a road block with the logistics of registration, mailing grades, and the tracking of students for reporting requirements.

I know schools all over the country use this open model and would like to talk with some of you to get some specific answers.

Thanks.
Pauletta Augustine
Central Wyoming College
(307) 855-2168