]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  March 2008

SOCNET March 2008

retirement and the change of personal networks

Achim Edelmann <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:20:46 +0100

text/plain

Dear social networkers,

I am a first year PhD student working on personal networks and focusing on respective changes that take place when people get retired. I have been searching for sociological theories and studies, but my results so far are rather 'meager'. Most of the things I have found seem to centre on the effect that personal networks might have on 'life satisfaction', 'adaption', etc. However, I could not find 'sociological' theories of or researches focusing on the network change itself. If you know literature, etc. related to this area, I would very much appreciate your help.
One last point, does anybody know about research upon the interrelation between personal network changes and the conjugal role-relationship one has (following Elizabeth Bott's idea)?

Many thanks for all help and advice!
Achim Edelmann

PhD (Prob.) Cambridge, UK