***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
5th Annual International Science of Team Science Conference
Call for Abstracts Now OPEN
Deadline: Monday April 7, 2014
For the full call for abstracts, go to: http://www.scienceofteamscience.org/2014-call-for-abstracts
The Fifth Annual International Science of Team Science (SciTS) Conference (co-located with the Annual VIVO Conference this year) will be held on August 6-8, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency on the shores of Lady Bird Lake situated in the heart of downtown Austin, Texas.
The SciTS Conference (http://www.scienceofteamscience.org<http://www.eiseverywhere.com/emarketing/go.php?i=97915&e=Z3JhY2UuaHVhbmdAbmloLmdvdg==&l=http://www.scienceofteamscience.org>) is an international multi-agency forum dedicated to the Science of Team Science, bringing together thought leaders from a broad range of disciplines, fields, and professions, including: translational research, evaluation, communication, social and behavioral sciences, complex systems, technology, and management. The SciTS Conference serves as a point of convergence for team science practitioners and investigators studying teams, engages funding agency program staff to guide and manage team science initiatives, and affords data providers and analytics developers insight into team tracking and analysis needs.
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts may be submitted as an Oral Presentation (Paper, Panel, or Lightning Round) or Poster Presentation. For more information, please visit http://www.scienceofteamscience.org<http://www.eiseverywhere.com/emarketing/go.php?i=97915&e=Z3JhY2UuaHVhbmdAbmloLmdvdg==&l=http://www.scienceofteamscience.org>.
All proposals must be submitted online at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scits2014<http://www.eiseverywhere.com/emarketing/go.php?i=107866&e=Z3JhY2UuaHVhbmdAdXNjLmVkdQ==&l=https://www.easychair.org/conferences/%7CQ%7Cconf%7CE%7Cscits2014>.
Individual oral paper presentations provide authors the opportunity to present original work related to conference topics
* Oral presentations will have 15-minute time slots and be clustered into thematic sessions by the program committee
* Paper sessions will include multiple individual presentations followed by time for in-depth discussion among presenters and conference attendees
Panel presentations provide authors the option of organizing three related papers together in a thematic session
* Panels will be 60 - 90 minutes long, including time for the presentations and discussion
* A panel submission must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the panel, as well as individual abstracts for each of the papers to be presented in the panel session
Lightning Round Presentations
Lightning round presentations provide authors the opportunity to share their work through a brief oral presentation
* Presentations are limited to 10 minutes and followed by a five-minute Q&A period
* During submission, an option is provided to indicate willingness to be considered for a Lightning Round presentation
* The Program Committee will make final selections of submissions to be included in the Lightning Round
Research Poster Presentations
Several extended research poster presentation sessions provide interactive forums for authors to discuss their research
* Presenters will be assigned locations to put up their posters, and posters will be organized by topic
* Poster boards and push pins will be supplied, and posters should be attached to the boards for display
* Presenters are encouraged to bring 1 page double-sided handouts related to or replicating their posters
Questions? Contact Designing Events at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or +1-410-654-5525.
Grace C. Huang PhD, MPH
CRTA Postdoctoral Fellow
Science of Research and Technology Branch
Behavioral Research Program
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences
National Cancer Institute
9609 Medical Center Drive, room 3E624
Rockville, MD 20850
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.