Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: Your ideas

"Ice, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:12:03 -0600

text/plain

Gail, our center houses the adaptive technology. This technology not only
helps students with physical disabilities, but also those with learning
disabilities. We have the Kurtzweil 3000 that we use to scan books to tape
or to disk, Dragon Naturally Speaking PRo for voice recognition and
dictation adaptations, ZoomText for visual perception or disabilities, JAWS
for Windows (although we're having problems with its compatibility with
other programs). Having these technologies helps many of our students to
overcome barriers. We have a special area for this technology. The book
scanning is one of our most popular accommodations. Large group study areas
would be another one of my priorities.

Have a good day!
Barbara Ice, Director of Learning Assistance
Tomball College
Tomball (Houston), Texas 77375

Advanced Options