]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

RECMGMT-L Home

RECMGMT-L  March 2000

RECMGMT-L March 2000

Knowledge Management Forum-4/6-NARA II (Last Call!!)

John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:45:42 PST

text/plain

COME ONE, COME ALL!!!  The Association of Records Managers and
Administrators International (ARMA) Gaithersburg, Maryland Chapter
will sponsor its Third Annual National Records and Information
Management Week (NRIMW) Knowledge Management (KM) Extravaganza on
Thursday April 6, 2000, from 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM at the beautiful
National Archives (NARA) II auditorium in College Park, Maryland,
8601 Adelphi Road.

>The Forum is titled, "Knowledge Management, Convergence, and the Knowledge
>Worker in the New Millennium."

7:30 - 8:30 AM - Sign in, networking, grab bag handouts, donuts and
coffee (Courtesy of MILLICAN & ASSOCIATES) in the NARA II Auditorium foyer.

> [...]
>Advisory Group and member of ARMA's Electronic Records Management Committee
>Task Forces, will chair.  This panel will also feature two prominent
>records and information management experts:  Douglas Weidner, Chief KM
>Engineer at Litton/PRC and Vice-President of the Knowledge Management
>Consortium International ( http://km.org ); and Ann Balough, Editor of the
>Records and Information Management Report. The panel will explore the
>cutting edge KM strategic business models, records management applications,
>recent web developments (e-commerce, B2B, B2C, E2E, XML, vortals, etc.),
>data mining/warehousing, ERP, standards, processes, technologies and how
>they are applied in one's organization and industry to achieve KM.  Also
>addressed will be the lessons of experience with implementing KM, KM
>certification, the role of records management as an enabler and undergirder
>of KM, innovation management, competitive/organizational intelligence, and
>intellectual asset management of one's "Knowledege Organization".
>
>12:45 - 1:30 PM - Networking
>
>                ---------------------------------------
>
>The cost will be minimal at $10 per person.  Yes, that's right - just 10
>bucks!!   Students and non-ARMA members are highly encouraged to attend.
>
>The seminar/panels' objectives are to give the gathered information
>management, IT professionals and students an overview of converging
>information management theories and how they impinge on the fast evolving
>field of KM.  The speakers will address conceptual and operational issues
>of library, records, document, archival, infomation management, IT, and
>human resource disciplines and the affect of convergence/divergence of
>these on KM, training the knowledge worker of today and tomorrow, as well
>as the e-revolution we are all entering.  There will time at the end of
>each panel and the main lecture for audience questions.
>
>We will also have NRIMW goodies, coffee, tea, and rolls (donated by
>MILLICAN & ASSOCIATES), and vendor grab bags with all sorts of fun stuff,
>records management and KM information in the NARA II auditorium foyer.  KM
>and records management workers, students, vendors, human resource, and
>other interested people and organizations are welcome to attend, network,
>and contribute items and information for the NRIMW grab bags.
>
>Contact John Milligan, Forum Coordinator, at  [log in to unmask] or
>301-415-6575 or the ARMA Gaithersburg reservation line at 301-670-7044 x200
>if you want to attend and/or your company, organization, or entity is
>interested in donating anything (goodies to white papers) for the attendee
>grab bags, or if you would like any input on how we can make this NRIMW
>event a fun and interesting learning experience for everyone.  It's a great
>way to advertise your organization's records/KM initiatives and expertise
>to the assembled information managers from around the country and the

Also, thanks AMERICAN RECORDS MANAGEMENT, INC for sponsoring the feature
speaker accommodations!!