]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

RECMGMT-L Home

RECMGMT-L  March 2000

RECMGMT-L March 2000

Re: Has ARMA concerned itself with health risks to RMs?

Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 07:51:15 -0800

text/plain

While I find your writing a joy to read, I don't entirely agree. Not
everyone's -- and certainly not me -- has a sensitive Eeewww-meter. I spent
days in a warehouse inventorying deteriorating boxes but never thought that
the disgusting conditions would make me anything more than just filthy. I am
not prone to allergies so there was little discomfort. Just like campers
should be knowledgeable on what poison ivy looks like, Records Managers or
Archivists should be taught to recognize molds, asbestos, and other
hazardous materials -- lest they think it's just another filthy room.

Nolene Sherman

Visit OCARMA's Website at <http://www.ocarma.org/>