PSYART March 2000, Week 1

Re: Lacan and language

Norman Holland <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:39:24 -0500

text/plain

From:
        Victoria Moessner <[log in to unmask]>

11:57 AM

With all the discussion and interpretation of language, may I (tongue in
cheek) ask for help in understanding the following statement from our
vice chancellor for administrative services (whatever that is, money?):
"One of the major paradigm shifts racing through UA is renewed emphasis
on planning and analysis based upon basic core values and common
criteria for evaluation. We are seeing our academic initiatives and
facilities concepts tested for their ability to positively affect
students, enable faculty and staff, enhance research, and meet state
needs among other things. Beyond that, capital projects will be gauged
by the extent of their development, ability to support academic
initiatives, identification of funding for operation and maintenance,
and MAU priority. Bring it on!"
Maybe I should have saved this for weekend humor.
I am glad to be a member of this list. Cheers from warming up Alaska,
Victoria Moessner
Professor of German
U. of AK Fairbanks