Skip repetitive navigational links

political endorsements

Susie Rood <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:40:10 -0700

text/plain

Can we remain professionals and limit the listserv to its intended purpose
please...education, not political advertisements. This is inappropriate
forum in which to air your political agenda.

If you wish to discuss your political opinions, please do it elsewhere.  I
look to this recourse as a professional and don't appreciate  wading
through your political opinions while at work.  I would be surprised if
your supervisors would understand and appreciate your endorsing a political
view while on "company time" using college tools.  Are these your opinions
or are they endorsed by the University of Arizona and SUNY as well?

I feel that using your position within a college or university to sway
students judgements and holding people up as "good or bad examples or role
models", is not only manipulative and unethical, but it also prevents
students from exploring and evaluation the issues for themselves.  I hope
you are able to present information to your students in a more balanced and
informed manner than you have here and are able to make clear distinctions
between opinion and facts.

Susie

Mrs. Susan Rood
Director, Disability Support Services