LISTSERV Archives

CMPLAW-L Home

CMPLAW-L  November 2000

CMPLAW-L November 2000

Re: Laptop recommendation

Mark Addington <[log in to unmask]>

Internet and Computer Law Association <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:56:14 -0500

text/plain

I have a Compaq Presario 1800. It also has a 15' monitor and excellent
power and memory.  But, like the Dell, it is also very heavy.  If you will
be doing traveling the Sony Vaio looks great, and it is very, very light.
It almost looks like a small book.  The monitor is not nearly as
impressive, but it is sufficient if you are mostly dealing with text
applications.  If you really want DVD and graphics, you may opt for the
larger laptops.  I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with my choice, but it is a bit of an
overkill for my use in lawschool.

Hope that is helpful,

Mark A. Addington