Hummingbird Tails

Noel Wamer <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:28:42 -0500

text/plain

No, not tales, tails...For those of you have might have some interest in
the tail structure and color patterns of Rufous/Allen's hummingbirds, new
hardware and software has allowed me to produce some more video-captures of
the bird that visited our yard in the third week of September. I had
previously lacked sufficient mouse-clicking skill to do video-captures of
this bird showing a spread tail, as a typical tail flick is made in less
than half a second. Anyone who is interested can view four images at:
http://www.badbirdz.com/selas20002.htm

As always, comments are welcomed and complaints will be handled on a
case-by-case basis.
Later...

Noel Wamer
[log in to unmask] http://www.badbirdz.com
Jacksonville, FL, US 30.2820 -81.4972
"A strange bird may cause a slight unrest until it is named..."
                                                        (Walker Percy)