Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: rank, tenure

Linda Blatt <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:55:12 -0600

text/plain

Hello Everyone,
        As the Director of the Center for Academic
Excellence, I have 50% administrative status and
50% faculty status with RANK.  I am an Associate
Professor in the English Dept.  But I am in a non-tenure
position.
        Take care.  Linda

Linda Blatt, Director
Center for Academic Excellence
Associate Professor of English
Central College
812 University
Pella, IA 50219
(641) 628-5209
Fax: (641) 628-5316
mailto:[log in to unmask]
"Formal education will earn you a living; self-education
makes you a fortune."

-----Original Message-----
From: Evans, Linda [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: rank, tenure

At the University of South Florida (large, 4-yr. institution), the
instructors in the Reading and Learning Program are non-tenure earning
faculty.  As director, I hold the rank of Instructor, while the others on my
staff hold the rank of Lecturer.  The lines were created a number of years
ago, so I don't know how the distinctions were made.  Linda

Linda S. Evans, Ph.D.
Director, Reading & Learning Program
SVC 2124
4202 E. Fowler Ave.